Friday, August 05, 2005

ICE

If you have email you've probably heard about ICE by now. ICE stands for In Case of Emergency and you are supposed to use those three letters in an entry in your mobile phone's phonebook.

The idea is that people will know who to call if you suffer some ill fate.

So I created the entry with the name ICE and the phone number, 9-1-1.

I'm not sure how this is really supposed to help. If someone is too stupid to call 9-1-1 already I have a hard time believing that they'll be able to figure out how to go through the phonebook of my cell phone.

1 comment:

Gene said...

I've been wondering who to put in my [ICE] entry ever since I've heard of this. Then I read that the coroner (well, okay .. let's assume an EMT instead) really wants to talk to soeone who knows your medical history. Sure, it could be Your Significant Other, but (lacking one of those) I thought my DOCTOR would be a better bet. Hence, ICE now calls my doc, who will rush down and confirm that the cadaver is mine.