Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Incredible!

The Incredibles was released on DVD yesterday and my (much) better half found it for sale at Target for only $15.99. It was even coupled with a coupon for a 4-pack of flavored fizzy water.

We're the sort of parents who prescreen movies before letting our kids watch them and usually try to have the first kid viewing during daylight hours. Maybe that's overprotective, but pundits are getting increasingly concerned, as am I, about the accelerated aging of our children. I'd prefer to allow my kids to be innocent for a bit longer, though it's hard to do unless you home school (which I personally think is a mistake).

Anyway, I watched The Incredibles last night and loved it! Two big toes up!

There is no profanity, no nudity, only the faintest hint of sexuality. The violence is bloodless, all body parts remain attached, and no internal organs are exposed or removed. If your kids can handle Popeye™ or Tom & Jerry™ or other classic cartoons then they can probably handle The Incredibles.

We plan on having a pizza-and-movie picnic in the living room this weekend. I'm sure it'll be incredible. :-)

No comments: