Sunday, March 20, 2005

I don't wanna grow up / When I was your age

As Gene Bob reported recently, I just celebrated a birthday. One of the benefits of having kids (and sometimes there don't seem to be many) is that birthdays have to have gifts and cake. So I asked for a Lego X-Wing Fighter. And I always get what I want!

But it makes one think... I can remember a time when I was thrilled that my parents had given me an empty box from the Dixie™ paper cups. It had a clear plastic window in it! Pure Joy! I didn't have a cool space toy, but I had a box with a plastic window in it!

All together now... And I was grateful!

Unfortunately, my younger brother was as upset about me getting the Dixie cup box as I was happy to have it. So he pushed me down the stairs to the basement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he pushed me down the stairs to the basement

.. at which point you doused him in gasoline and lit him up like a Christmas tree?

William Bob said...

anonymous said...
> > he pushed me down the stairs to the basement
>
>.. at which point you doused him in
>gasoline and lit him up like a
>Christmas tree?

Huh? I suspect that you're making a reference to some recent news item, but I'm missing it.

Since I was no older than 5 at the time (we moved from that house when I was 5) and my brother was no older than 4, I doubt that I did anything more than cry.