Tuesday, March 15, 2005

10 MPG

I saw a pick'em-up truck today with 10 MPG on its vanity license plate. Some vanity plates are a challenge to figure out (like "FXUN8" :-), but this wasn't one of them. It was on a jacked up Ford F-250 Super Duty with oversized tires, 4-wheel drive, and a V10 engine. So I think it's safe to assume that his plate refers to his gas mileage.

Which leaves me to wonder, is he bragging? If so, what does his other vehicle's vanity tag say? 80 IQ? HSDROPOUT? 4 INCHES?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the general inspiration for this comes from the legions of people always asking, "What kind of mileage does it get?" Less sinister than it might seem at first glance.

Gene said...

I suspect he's sporting 10MPG because 9MPG was already taken!

Johnny Carson's car was lengendary for having 360GUY ("all around guy") on its plate.

When I lived in Lost Angeles [sic] only once did I see (with my own beady eyes) a plate where I thought DMV "blew it" and that was STARFKR (yes, Californica allows a 7 character vanity plate). As I passed through a parking lot (Woodland Hills, CA) I had to reach over and touch the plate to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me.