Monday, June 13, 2005

Temporarily Plaid

Last night, Tiffany (not a Bob - yet) and I went to see "Forever Plaid", put on by the Turtle Creek Chorale at the Meyerson Symphony Center in Dallas. We thoroughly enjoyed the show and highly recommend it. They have another performance on June 17 and tickets are rumored to be available through the TCC website (look for the "Buy Tickets" button).

So why the title, "Temporarily Plaid"? Well, it's not meant as a dig in any way at the show. Rather, I don't think I have what it takes to permanently plaid. True, I was a band fag in high school, but so many years have passed since then that I must admit to the growing leaks in my tune-carrying bucket.

Still, I could appreciate the music jokes (which are actually fairly few) and anyone can appreciate the sight gags (which are more numerous).

And for the mildly, or even moderately homophobic, "Forever Plaid" is a very safe show. It is the regular musical, but with the TCC singing background vocals and participating in a few of the sight gags. You will, however, run into a few couples holding hands in the lobby. Just keep your eyes up and you'll do fine.

1 comment:

Gene said...

Living in Texas automagically makes one a -Bob, so Tiffany-Bob is correct, right?

Moving out of state is the only legimite way to revert (example: Mr. Ozinski is no longer a -Bob)