Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Oh Me of Little Faith!

A few months ago I whined about Texas being ranked number 2 in the preseason football polls. I predicted that you'd be able to tell whether we really were #2 by the flushing sound. Gotta love scatological humor, eh?

Well, believe it or don't, we're still #2 in the polls and tonight we play top ranked U$C in the Rose Bowl! Don't go wavin' any feathers around or I might fall and hurt myself.

Along the way, we managed to not lose to Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, or Frankford Middle School (or whatever patsies we played before conference play began). We had some tough games, but every time we managed to avoid snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, and that's something new for a Mack Brown team.

So I am cautiously optimistic that Texas will at least be respectable in tonight's game. Though I still have trouble believing that we'll actually win.

2 comments:

Gene said...

I predict Texas will win 41-38 in the last 16 seconds of the game.

William Bob said...

Whoa! That's spooky! I saw a few predictions that UT would win by 3 at the last second, but none with the exact score!

You should apply for the Divination teaching job at Hogwarts!