Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Still Here

Haven't posted in a while. Nothin' to say, really. Not that what I normally write about is significant.

Family was sick last week. Mom and 2 of 2 had strep throat and are on antibiotics. 1 of 2 and I are feeling kind of down, but not quite sick.

We made it through Halloween. Rain stopped in time to go out and shake down the neighbors for candy. Didn't seem like as many folks decorated this year. Back at home I used the 5-foot tall inflatable T-Rex to answer the door (ROAR!) — didn't scare anyone. :-( And hardly anyone came by to get candy.

Unrelated, Texas continues to surprise me by remaining undefeated. Will be rooting for Miami this weekend.

3 comments:

Gene said...

I'll come by your home for candy, William Bob. And who cares if I'm a few days late? I'll come as a FEMA Worker!

William Bob said...

You really shouldn't send email like that when I'm eating Grape Nuts™!

BTW, what's the best way to clean a keyboard? ;-)

Gene said...

Try as I might, I can't get this posting out of my head.

I'm not sure if it's because of the classic "Grape Nuts Roasting O'er An Open Fire" that just won't get out of my head, or ...

the fond memories I have of "Satan's Birthday" (a/k/a Halloween) when I grew up outside Des Moines .. the times the neighborhood kids would get today and frappe a bovine, before turning it into a delectable patty of goodness (on a bun). Ah, sweet youth.